Posts Tagged ‘Vegetables for Children’
Following these recommendations, however, is not always easy: in addition to time and work necessary to clean and prepare the vegetables, the vegetables may not like the baby.
The first few times (around the sixth month), should propose the pureed vegetables and give preference to those with a sweet flavor, like carrots or zucchini. Here’s what else is there to know:
1. Alternate vegetables of different colors. Vegetables are divided into two categories: those that are rich in vitamin A (those yellow and orange, such as cabbage, carrots, spinach, lettuce …) and those containing vitamin C (such as cabbage, broccoli, cabbage, etc., and some red vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers).
2. Take and make your child eat well, especially “antitumor vegetables.” Recent studies have shown that regular consumption of cabbage, cabbage, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, etc.. increases protection against tumors of the colon, rectum, stomach, lung and breast.
Fruits and vegetables are highly beneficial foods for children’s health because they provide many nutrients that help prevent and cure many diseases.
As regards fruits and vegetables, experts advise:
• Give priority to season varieties, which have better quality characteristics and the price is always more convenient.
• Give preference to local varieties, not being subject to long transport times, may be more fresh.
• Opt for small purchases and recurring to always ensure a high degree of freshness.
• Buy frozen vegetables: the price has not changed much, as well as its nutritional properties.
Vegetables: How much and what vegetables to children?
According to the World Health Organization, it would be necessary to eat at least three servings of vegetables each day, alternating four or five different kinds of vegetables throughout the week. But, what exactly is for a serving? If we talk about the raw vegetables to be peeled and cooked, a serving is 250 grams. On the contrary, if you opt for a plate of salad, 70 grams are sufficient.