Posts Tagged ‘Child Protection’
* As noted above, do not let your child never alone in the bathtub because one could easily drown, just lost his balance and his head submerged in water.
If I had to leave the bathroom to do anything not leave your child in the care of another child because it is dangerous, take it out of the tub, pick it up in his arms wrapped in a towel and do what you need. Do not leave your child alone while the tub or any container (bucket, basin, etc …) is filling with water.
* If you have a plastic pool on the terrace always empty after a bath, if you leave it unattended full and can choke a child. Never allow children to bathe in a pool without supervision or even have sleeves or float.
The use of these tools can produce a false sense of security, because it can deflate, break or salirsele the child. You should know that gives the maximum security monitoring your child for a responsible adult during the time when children are bathing.
* All public and private swimming pools should have a high fence completely surrounding them with a safety lock which prevents access to all children when no adult is watching. Make sure no objects nearby that could help to jump the fence.
Poisoning (drugs, cleaning products etc …)
* Do not tell your child never a drug is a sweet, since it might encourage them to take it and take it on their own. Do not give medicines never in the dark, for it can you confuse the medicine or dose. Always store medicines in high and in a locked closet with safety lock, because if you just put them on top at some point your child will go to some furniture to achieve them.
Falls and blows.
* Children begin to turn away from very small, some sooner than others, so that from the month of life will not ever let alone in a bed or on any surface because it can roll and fall.
* Put the crib shields and notice that the child’s head in any fit between the bars. Try not very warm at night and that despite some bedding so your child can move freely in the crib. Do not sleep with you as you sleep, you may unknowingly crush and suffocate.
* If your home has stairs, once your child starts to crawl should put security gate to prevent access (there are removable). You must also install window guards that can be opened by an adult in case of fire, and increase the height of the railings of balconies and terraces, because his son has no awareness of danger and may be precipitated from above.
Never leave pots or furniture near the railing of the balcony or by the windows because they can upload them to lean and fall. Never leave your child in a room with the window open if it has no bars, children are very curious and very dangerous, even though his son so far has not been naughty.
* Do not buy a walker for your child could fall forward and in any case, does not benefit because it comfortable and take longer to walk alone. Much better is that when you see that standing alone makes gripping the bars of the crib or leaning on a chair, give your hands and help him walk, first with both hands, then with a single and then let run at large.
Swimming pool and beach.
* The pool does not lose sight of your child never, you know that even a momentary distraction for your own child can drown. You must know that three minutes without breathing produce irreparable injury to the brain.
Have your child use the “sleeves” or float should not bring down the guard, as these elements are supportive but are not infallible, and never substitute for adult supervision.
When I grow up and learn to swim well talk of the risks of the sea, how to avoid them and respect that should be the recommendations of responders (color of the flag on the beach, etc …).
Explain that you should never bathe only in case of danger or fainting someone can assist, and should not leap into the water in places where the existing depth unknown, because when it hits the bottom column can be injured and become paraplegic or quadriplegic forever.
* When choosing a kindergarten or school for your child care that meets all safety requirements.
* If your son is old enough to understand you explain that you are going to be college and must take care of himself to not hurting yourself, tell if you have any need your teacher will help you.
Help him to be as self sufficient as possible, because they reach a certain age you will not be with him for long periods, and it will be him with their own resources that will have to deal with situations as they arise. Educate children independence and responsibility is very important for gradual future.