Premature rupture of membranes or (RPM) is a common problem in pregnant women, has a very clear symptoms affecting both the fetus and mother.
When we say there is premature rupture of membranes?
It says premature rupture of membranes after 21 weeks of gestation and up to one hour before the start of labor. The term covers a wide period of pregnancy.
As of this rupture of membranes at different periods of pregnancy is named doctor may have seen in a medical report
* Preterm premature rupture of membrane “pre viable” This is less than 23 weeks in developed countries.
* Premature rupture of membrane pre-term “away from the term” at viability to approximately 32 weeks of gestation.
* Premature rupture of membranes pre term “near term” from 32 weeks to 36 or so.
What is the cause of premature rupture of membranes?
The truth is that it believes there is no single cause but a combination of factors, the so-called multifactorial cause. In general, authors tend to highlight the cause of infection as the primary cause.
*Cervico vaginal infections
* Another cause low socioeconomic status
* Low maternal weight
* Multiple pregnancy
* Metrorrhagia the second or third trimester
* previous preterm birth
* Malformations or uterine tumors
* Prior conization
* Excess amniotic fluid or Polihidroaminios
* Pregnancy with IUD
Important notes if you are pregnant and leaking fluid pair genital area, go to the emergency room or call the ambulance, says the time you’ve noticed that loss of fluid and all the symptoms you’ve noticed. As you enter the hospital to follow the proper protocol in case of premature rupture of membranes.